- The committee has ordered the team to play their next four league matches behind closed doors
- The match did not end after rowdy fans invaded the pitch and attacked the match officials
Afc Leopards have been sanctioned by the Football Kenya Federation (FKF) Leagues and Competitions Committee after acts of hooliganism by a setions of fans in a match played over the weekend against Kakamega Homeboyz.
Leopards have been hit with a three point deduction and given a fine of Ksh 500,000 and Homeboyz awarded three-points, two-goals win basis.
The committee has ordered the team to play their next four league matches behind closed doors.
The match did not end after rowdy fans invaded the pitch and attacked the match officials after the referee failed to punish HomeBoyz goalkeeper after he allegedly handled the ball outside the box.
Embattled Leopards Coach Patrick Aussem was also a casualty of the tribunal for his conduct in the match.
The tribunal said that the Belgian and and Goalkeeper Trainer Lawrence Webo should be investigated for misconduct.
Below is the decision made by the tribunal
Re: Decision of the FKF Leagues And Competitions Committee On FKFPL Match No. 222, Kakamega Homeboyz Fc vs AFC Leopards SC.
The FKF Leagues and Competitions Committee having considered the submissions of Kakamega Homeboyz FC, AFC Leopards SC and the match officials report, has made the following ruling regarding the FKF PL match no. 222 (Kakamega Homeboyz FC vs AFC Leopards SC), which was abandoned in the 31st minute due to crowd trouble.
Decision • That the FKF-PL Round 25 match no. 222 be awarded to Kakamega Homeboyz on a three (3) points-two (2) goals basis.
• That AFC Leopards SC be docked a further three (3) points from the already accumulated points.
• That AFC Leopards SC shall cater or refund for incurred medical costs by the Center Referee Mr. Michael Obuya.
• That AFC Leopards SC shall play their next four (4) home FKF-PL matches behind closed doors.
The club shall ensure this is adhered to.
• That AFC Leopards SC to pay a fine of KES 500,000.
• That disciplinary proceedings be opened by the FKF Disciplinary Committee on Mr. Patrick Aussems and Mr. Lawrence Webo for their Conduct in the said match.
A detailed ruling has been communicated to the club AFC Leopards SC.