Kenya's No 1 GhettoRadio

Bahati Claims That He Has Been Offered Ksh. 50 Million To Step Down

Kenyan musician Kevin Bahati now claims that he has been offered Ksh. 50 Million in order to drop his Mathare Constituency parliamentary bid in favour of the incumbent Antony Oluoch who is vying on an ODM ticket.

Speaking in a recent interview, Bahati says that his opponents have been fighting him day and night to ensure that he is excluded from the ballot come August 9.

“Watu hajui kwa nini napigana, people have come with offers they want me to step down. They have offered me millions, up to Sh.50 million. They know that when they get to office they are planning to steal from our people of Mathare,” Bahati said.

The allegations come at time when the singer is embroiled in a bitter fallout with ODM Party Secretary General Edwin Sifuna over his candidature.

Sifuna had shared a snippet of a video clip of the Jubilee party leadership confirming that Bahati was no longer in the Mathare race.

“Ahsante sana wana Jubilee Party Nairobi for resolving the Mathare question for us. We now have a candidate. Hio kijana ya kulia lia nitachukua apology yake kwa Diana personally [Let the crying boy know I will accept an apology through his wife Diana, personally],” Sifuna captioned the video.

READ ALSO; ‘We Have Run Out Of Compensation’ Jeevanjee Estate Residents Cry

Bahati clapped back at Sifuna, asking him to refrain from mentioning his wife’s name. He went on to claim that Sifuna had been paid by his opponent to ruin his bid as the next Mathare MP.

“ Keep your mouth away from mentioning my wife in your cheap politics! Have some respect for women,” Bahati hit back.

He also made it clear that he will be on the ballot come August 9, 2022 and requested his supporters to ignore statements made by Sifuna.

By Stella Anyango

Comments
Loading...