Kenya's No 1 GhettoRadio

Blogger Edgar Obare escapes death Narrowly

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Controversial blogger Edgar Obare has revealed that he narrowly escaped death over the weekend.

According to Obare, he suffered a serious bout of allergy to sea food on Saturday.

According to Obare, he had gone to enjoy lunch with an old friend at the Artcaffe in Capital center where the incident happened.

Obare says he ordered the Prawn tagliatelle which reacted so badly with him.

“So yesterday on my day off I was catching up and having lunch with an old friend at @artcaffekenya Capital Centre, service was very slow there was like only one waiter servicing the upstairs tables. I ordered the prawns tagliatelle. The food came and first bite it was quite delicious, so we are laughing and exchanging stories over the next hour. I finish my meal and suddenly I feel like I have a scratchy throat, then I am tearing up. Now I am struggling to breathe as my nose is blocked and throat is closing up, I have hives all over my neck and it’s itchy. I stand up to go downstairs to the counter to get some water, like I said service was horrible, no waiters in sight. The bar guy asked if I am okay, I said NO and I asked for a bottle of water then went outside on the balcony for some fresh air for like 2 min. It didn’t help, I go to the bathroom and see my face in the mirror is all swollen and my eyes are bloodshot red.” He added

The blogger added that when the condition worsened, he immediately left Artcaffe to go seek medical treatment.

It was while receiving treatment that the doctor told him that he came so close to succumbing to severe anaphylactic shock.

“I immediately knew I need a hospital, I call my friend we go to the counter and I ask for my bill and pay. All this time the staff is just staring at me, we rush out the door trying to figure out the nearest hospital, we went to Aga khan at Capital Centre and found it was already closed at 4pm, why do hospitals honestly close. It was 4.30pm so we rushed into Naivas to a chemist. From our googling it seems I was having an extreme allergy reaction, they gave me two antihistamine tablets I put under my tongue and advised I should go to a hospital immediately. They googled for us and found Nairobi hospital was close by in the same mall actually and still open. I got injections of chlorpheniramine, hydrocortisone and cotipred and spent the next two hours in a hospital bed. Doctor said I was having an anaphylactic shock and I came very close. Thank you to that Naivas chemist and Nairobi Hospital for saving me. Contd in comments….

I went back to the @artcaffekenya around 7PM asked for the manager and asked for an explanation. How did I go from eating here to a hospital. They apologized and said they also don’t know what happened, he saw me running out, they checked with the chef to see how the meal was prepared, and asked if I had any food allergies, which I don’t to the best of my knowledge. I have seafood all the time. I asked how can this be resolved and how do I make an official complaint, he said this was beyond him at this point, he gave me the customer care email and took my number ati someone else from the head office who wasn’t there will call me. I hate such bureaucracy. It’s been 24hrs already, I haven’t been contacted.

I could have died in 15 min if I didn’t get myself medical attention, is the staff not trained on such situations? I was shocked they all just stared at me like a circus animal. No one ran after me or even tried to help me. Being a high end restaurant I expected better. Are restaurants in Kenya not prepared to this extent, I’d hate to imagine if this was a child or someone who didn’t think on their feet. I was lucky, thank God. I hope this never happens to anyone else.”  He added

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments
Loading...

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More