- CS Machogu revealed that over 1.4 million pupils sat for the exams.
- The final KCPE class marks the end of the four-decade 8-4-4 syllabus
- The individual candidates can send a text with your Index Number to 40054 for instant results
Education Cabinet Secretary Ezekiel Machogu has released the 2023 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) results.
In the just released examinations the top candidate scored 428 marks out of a possible 500.
The CS further revealed that over 1.4 million pupils sat for the exams, which are the last in the 8-4-4 system.
The final KCPE class marks the end of the four-decade 8-4-4 syllabus at the primary school level. The education system has since been replaced by the Competency-Based Curriculum (CBC), and the Competency-Based Assessment (CBA) modules.
Inside the competency-based curriculum, pupils will spend two years in pre-primary, six years in primary, and six years in junior and senior high school.
“I wish to assure the country that the government has enough capacity to accommodate all 1,460,557 candidates who took their KCPE examination in 2023. All parents should take advantage of the 100% transition policy to enrol their children in form 1,” he addressed.
How To Check The Results
Candidates and parents can access the results through the Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) website or SMS platforms.
For SMS, send a text with your Index Number to 40054, and you will receive a text message from KNEC with your results after a short while.
Ensure the message format is: Index NumberKCPE (without spaces and with “KCPE” in capital letters).
Also, ensure that you have enough airtime before sending the SMS. The cost of sending an SMS to check KCPE results is Ksh25 per SMS on all mobile networks.
It is worth it to note that the system will be accessible on the official release date.
For online, you can also view your KCPE results online by visiting the KNEC website and entering your Index Number.
How To Check:
- KNEC website (https://www.knec-portal.ac.ke/) and log in using your candidate number and examination year as your username and password.
- Click on the “ONLINE- RESULT-SLIP” tab.
- Select “KCPE” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your Index Number and click “Login.”
- Your KCPE results will be displayed on the screen.
The results can be printed through the online portal at one’s convenience.