Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.
Kenya’s Number One GhettoRadio

Burma Market leader found three days after being abducted

0 548

On Wednesday May 6th, traders in Nairobi’s Burma Market shut down their businesses to protest the arrest of one of their leaders.

Speaking to Ghetto Radio news, the traders narrated that one of their leaders identified as Michel Mungai popularly known as  Cheupe had been arrested by  police officers on Monday and has not been seen since.

The traders downed their tools and took to the streets to ask police officers to produce Cheupe whom they say they have been unable to trace since his arrest.

A day after Ghetto radio highlighted the story, Cheupe has reportedly been found.

According to a local daily, Cheupe was found in an abandoned building in Athi River.

- Advertisement -

The 39 year old assistant chairman at Burma Market, was found with both hands and legs tied with wires in the building after members of public heard his calls for help.

Cheupe went missing a day after Kamukunji Deputy County Commissioner Moses Lilan stopped implementation of the project following a dispute between the traders’ leaders and county officials.

Lilan said they received a distress call on Sunday from some traders at the market that there was a project spearheaded by some of the market leaders and the project was being erected on public space within the market. The administrator said police were sent at the market to restore law and order.

Moments after the DCC stopped the implementation of the project Cheupe was picked up in a Probox by four men who identified themselves as police officers. None of the officers was in uniform.

Mungai said his abductors faulted him for stopping the project, gave him a pistol and showed him how to use it telling him to prepare for a fight for the project.

“The pistol had three rounds of bullets and the driver of the car confirmed the same to the others. They ensured that this gun was in my hands for the entire duration of my stay with them,” Mungai said on Wednesday at the Shauri Moyo police Station where he was to record a statement over his abduction