Kenya's No 1 GhettoRadio

Child Burns To Death In mathare Fire Incident

0

A two year old child was on Friday evening burnt to death in a fire incident in Mathare’s Mlango Kubwa area.

The parents of the two year old are also fighting for their lives in ICU at the Kenyatta National Hospital.

Village elder Raphael Otieno says that the evening inferno saw three other people injured.

“When the gas exploded, the woman of the house was the first to burn then the husband. So when the two people tried to escape the fire, they then remembered that they had left their child behind,” said Otieno.

“Their attempts to get back to the house to rescue the child proved futile and they got injured in the melee. The child unfortunately burnt to death in the incident,” he said.

Speaking to Ghetto Radio News, Otieno says that the fire incident was caused by a gas explosion from the victims’ house.

“The couple had refilled their gas cylinder. Unfortunately when they tried to fix the knob, there was a gas leak. The woman then lit a match box and the gas exploded burning them,” he said.

At least 30 houses were burnt in the fire incident.

The other three people suffered soft tissue injuries and were treated at the Medcins Sans Frontier Hospital in Mathare and later discharged.

Comments
Loading...