Kenya Power has been put on the spot for neglect after a young girl died after being electrocuted in Nairobi’s Bahati estate.
Five year olf Milliam Nyaboke was allegedly electrocuted by power lines that had been cut by Kenya Power and left hanging lose.
Nyaboke’s father Daniel Mbaka says that his daughter was playing outside when a power line that was hanging dangerously electrocuted her.
“My baby was just playing outside when the incident happened. She was seriously injured on the spinal cord and the leg,” says Mbaka.
Mbaka says that they rushed his baby to Mama Lucy Hospital but she unfortunately died when receiving treatment.
He claims that they have for several times tried to call Kenya Power officials to attend to the hanging power lines to no success.
So far one person has been killed and another one seriously injured.