Sports Cabinet Secretary Hassan Wario on Tuesday put the blame for the Rio mess squarely on NOCK saying that they are the ones who were fully responsible for managing and making sure the Kenyan team successfully participated and taken care of during the Olympic games in Brazil.
In his presentation to the labour committee of the National Assembly Wario defended his move to disband NOCK by saying that it was not above the law.
Controversy however arose when the Member of Parliament for Cherengany who also sits in the labour committee Korir stood on a point of order challenging the tabled report that said all the athletes had been paid. The M.P who was also the team captain for the Kenyan team said he had received a text during the presentation from an athlete who had not received his allowances.
The P.S Joe Oundo couldn’t verify this allegations and promised to look into the matter further.