Four people die after consuming poisoned traditional brew
Four members of the same family died on Saturday after consuming muratina, in Gatanga, Murang’a County .
The four, three brothers and a nephew, were having a house opening celebration after three of them completed constructing a house for one of them.
According to the acting County Police Commander David Kandie, the four started complaining of severe stomach aches before being rushed to Thika Level Five Hospital where they died one after the other.
Police have taken the specimen of the liquor for examination as the wife to the owner of the house is being held by police to assist in investigations.
Gatanga Member of Parliament Eng.Ngugi Dwati has issued a stern warning to those selling illicit brew to the residents.