Kenya's No 1 GhettoRadio

“I almost died several times because of this pregnancy” Size 8 Reveals


Gospel singer Linet Munyali popularly known as Size 8 has narrated how she had a near death experience forcing to deliver her second born early.

The singer and her hubby welcomed their son mid last week after the singer was rushed to the emergency room.

In an emotional post, the singer has narrated how she was forced to give birth to her son early because both their lives were in danger.

“God is God alone He never changes even in our darkness moments He is unchangeable!!!! He does the greatest miracle in our darkest moments!!!!! My darkest moment I was unwell myself in the NICU unit at @rfh_healthcare my baby born earlier than expected weeks before the due date and so rushed into the machines!!!! A moment even darker when there was a slight emergency that my baby needed some oxygen intake urgently but through it all GOD DID IT. GOD ALONE!!!!! We are alive by His grace alone!!! A MIRACLE CHILD I NOW CARRY IN MY ARMS!!!! Thank you so much to Dr. Opondo the pediatrician who was around at odd hours as late as 2am and your team nurse Lucy and ICU nurse Thomas!!!! …… Glory to God” she said

In another video on YouTube, Size 8 narrated that she suffered serious complications that nearly cost her life and that of the baby as she clocked her last trimester.

“In life learn to appreciate your spouse and children, for me, getting here is a miracle. I almost died several times because of this pregnancy. It does not matter whether you have Sh10 million or Sh1 million; if you do not have life, you cannot enjoy what you have,” she said

She also shared how she went through several check-ups after suffering serious bouts of, blood pressure spikes and other health issues.

“I used to feel a sharp pain as if oxygen was not getting into my brain and started convulsing. At some point, I started getting minor strokes where my left side was completely paralyzed. I remember being taken for MRI scans. They were trying to find out if I had organ failure. They changed my medication and directed me to see a heart physician, where I was given some medicine and told to report back regularly for check-up. My pressure, later on, normalized a little bit,” shared Size 8.

She added that she was rushed to the hospital last week after the convulsions got worse and her baby stopped moving.

“Last week is when the convulsions became excessive. I informed my doctor that the unborn baby was not active and was I immediately admitted. I couldn’t breathe nor walk. I was completely off…The last scan I had revealed that I had 34 weeks, four days. So they were trying to see if they could buy more time. They tested and discovered that the baby’s heart rate was above 180 and concluded that they could not hold on anymore,” she added

After the baby was born, he was rushed to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).