In recent times, a rumour has been circulating, growing ever stronger, about a secret society that controls the world from behind the scenes: The Illuminati.
Theories and conspiracies surrounding the secret fraternity of the Illuminati are wildly varied, but all point towards the same end result.
This end result is the formation of a world government. Whether the theory is based on fact, or if it is devised using little or no evidence, every Illuminati theory tells the reader of a grand, unified world government, for better or for worse.
The Illuminati, translated from Latin as “The Enlightened Ones”, is a secret society that originated from the Bavarian Illuminati that was active in the 1770s and 1780s. As of today, the group could be seen as in a state of semi fictitiousness, with many conspiracy theories published on the Internet regarding both its existence and the extent of the group’s powers.
The extent of the conspiracy theories based on the secret Illuminati knows no bounds, these theories include terrorist attacks, satanic rituals, constant surveillance of everyone on Earth, control over the world’s banking system, and the cause of various major world events.
In addition to the world events they are reportedly involved in, they are also suspected to have ties to various other secret societies including, but not limited to, the Freemasons, the Ordo Templi Orientis and the Ancient Knights of the Templar.
Some of these conspiracy theories are quite obviously the work of maniacs; others paint a more convincing picture for the existence of such a secret world power.
I urge you to take everything you read here with a grain of salt. By definition, a secret society is secret. The facts about whether or not the Illuminati exists, and if they do the extent of their power, will never be conclusive. This article intends to detail some of the more interesting facts and conspiracy theories surrounding the Illuminati whilst being completely unbiased towards either side of the argument as thoughtscatalogue.com writes;
“1. Some say Illuminati members have infiltrated every level of society worldwide. The US government, Vatican City, NATO, the UN, Hollywood, global media outlets, etc. Because they allegedly control all of these various governments and forms of media, it’s easier to keep the organization a secret.
2. Some report the Illuminati functions as a prominent figure in US government. The Illuminati was founded on May 1, 1776 and the Declaration of Independence was signed on July 4, 1776—just two months later. Coincidence???!!!
3. The “All-Seeing Eye” is another reason to believe that they secretly run the US government. Recently in popular culture, the“All-Seeing Eye” has been linked to the Illuminati, which has convinced enough people that the organization runs the US government—due to the Eye being featured on the back of the $1 bill.
4. Many high-profile celebrities are suspected of being members of Illuminati: Jay-Z, Beyonce, Snoop Dog, Kanye West, Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Emma Watson, Celine Dion, Bradley Cooper (seriously?), the entire cast of Boy Meets World (even Mr. Feeney?), and President Barack Obama.
5. The Illuminati headquarters are supposedly located in an underground bunker beneath the Denver Airport. The airport itself is the source of a number of really odd conspiracy theories because the airport is so bizarrely decorated withcreepymurals, zebra statues, andgargoylesguarding baggage claim. So, yeah, great place for a late-night Illuminati slumber party.
6. The Illuminati is made up of a cultish three-tier class system:
Class I— “The Nursery”; contains the Noviciate, the Minerval, and the Illuminatus minor. To get into this level you have to be “tapped” or invited by one of the already initiated members, and then you begin a 1-3 year trial period.
Class II— “The Masonic Grades”; includes the sub-grades of Apprentice, Companion, and Master. You can move from Apprentice up to Master by following the rules and complying with ritual. (But also, if you don’t follow the rules or comply with ritual anyway, the group can punish you.)
Class III— “The Mysteries”; Priest and Prince, Mage and King. This is the final stage and includes the inner most circle of Illuminati members. You get some sweet robes and learn a cool lil handshake.
7. The Illuminati funds its sketchy activities because they presumably control most of the world’s money too. The biggest, oldest banks in the world apparently have some connectionsleading back to the original formation of the Illuminati in the 18th century.
8. The Illumanti is secret organization today because it was actually outlawed in 1785. It originated in Germany, and during the Enlightenment period, conservative politicians feared the concept of organizations uprising against the government.
9. The Illuminati are frequently blamed for major historical events, such as the JFK Assassination, Napoleon’s defeat at the Battle of Waterloo, and the French Revolution. The secret society has been incredibly busy.
10. The literal definition of “Illuminati” suggests that members of the group know more than the rest of society. “Illuminati” translates to “enlightened” in Latin, and supposedly this implies that members of the highly selective and secretive group are better informed and more knowledgable than those on the outside. Not chill.
11. Tom Hanks lied to you in Angels and Demons; the Illuminati has nothing to do with religion. The group actually wants to remove any and all religious influence over public life and state power.
12. The “New World Order” and the Illuminati are not the same thing. They are entirely different concepts— “New World Order” conspiracy theory came into play in the 20th century and has very anti-Semitic origins.
13. The Illuminati allegedly fabricates conspiracy theories to conceal their existence from regular people. There’s a lot of conspiracy theories about conspiracy theories, and it’s thought to be attributed to the fact that the Illuminati members invent false rumors to discredit the true global plot they are involved in,” claims the source.
Well,whether the above is true or fabricated theories,the Illuminati society is real. What we don’t know is whether their intent is evil or clean.
Additional Information: thoughtscatalogue.com