- The 5 Athletes have achieved sensational performances
- Kelvin Kiptum to battle Noan Lyles In World Athletics Awards
- He made it to the list of nominees after winning the London and Chicago Marathon this year
The names of the five finalists for Men’s World Athlete of the Year honours have been confirmed, as the countdown to the World Athletics Awards 2023 continues.
The five athletes, who represent four countries from four area associations, have achieved sensational performances across a range of athletics disciplines in 2023
This Includes winning titles and breaking world records at the World Athletics Championships Budapest 23, one-day meeting circuits, Label road races and other events around the world.
Kenya’s Kelvin Kiptum In Final List
Reigning marathon world record holder Kelvin Kiptum and triple World champion Noah Lyles have made it to the five finalists for Men’s World Athlete of the Year, as the countdown to the World Athletics Awards 2023 continues.
Kiptum took part in the Chicago Marathon in October 2023,where He broke the world record by 34 seconds with a time of two hours 35 seconds.
He made it to the list of nominees after winning the London and Chicago Marathon this year. He clocked the second-fastest time at the London Marathon and went ahead to break the world record time at the Chicago Marathon.
Men’s World Athlete Finalists
The finalists are
Neeraj Chopra, IND, javelin
India’s Neeraj Chopra was also nominated after winning the world title in the javelin and the Asian Games champion.
Ryan Crouser, USA, shot put
· World champion
· World record
Mondo Duplantis, SWE, pole vault
· World champion
· Diamond League champion with world record
Kelvin Kiptum, KEN, marathon
· London and Chicago Marathon winner
· Marathon world record breaker
Noah Lyles, USA, 100m/200m
· World 100m and 200m champion
· World leader and undefeated in six finals at 200m