Tusker put a firm grip on the FKF Premier League top position with a convincing 4-1 win over Posta Rangers in one of two matches played today, Thursday, February 18, 2021.
Teen sensation Henry Meja struck a brace, while Jackson Macharia and Luke Namanda were also on the scoresheet to see off a win for the Brewers, their ninth of the season after 12 matches. Ezekiel Okare’s first-half equalizer turned out to be a mere consolation.
The win cements Tusker’s position at the top: 29 points out of a possible 36. KCB comes second with 25, albeit with two matches in hand.
In Mumias, meanwhile, Kariobangi Sharks had to wait until the 79th minute for the all-important goal against Vihiga United. Eric Kapaito’s netted his 13th goal of the season to end the tie 1-0.
The win elevates Sharks to third, with 21 points from 12 matches.
Six more matches have been lined up on Friday and Saturday, with three more scheduled for LIVE broadcast.
On Friday, Ulinzi Stars’ blockbuster against Sofapaka at the Kericho Green Stadium will be aired LIVE on Startimes starting 3 pm. Bandari will concurrently be welcoming AFC Leopards at the Mbaraki Sports Club.
Later on Saturday, two matches will be LIVE from the MISC Kasarani, starting with Nairobi City Stars against Zoo. Bidco United will thereafter host Mathare United at the same venue in the second LIVE match of the day.
Round 12 fixtures
Thursday, February 18, 2021
- Posta Rangers vs Tusker (MISC Kasarani, 3 pm) – LIVE
- Vihiga United vs Kariobangi Sharks (Mumias Sports Complex, 3 pm)
Friday, February 19, 2021
- Bandari vs AFC Leopards (Mbaraki Sports Club, 3 pm)
- Ulinzi Stars vs Sofapaka (Kericho Green Stadium, 3 pm) – LIVE
Saturday, February 20, 2021
- Nairobi City Stars vs Zoo FC (MISC Kasarani, 1.15 pm) – LIVE
- Bidco United vs Mathare United (MISC Kasarani, 3.15 pm) – LIVE
- Nzoia Sugar vs KCB (Sudi Stadium, 3 pm)
- Western Stima vs Kakamega Homeboyz (Moi Stadium Kisumu, 3 pm)