By Jacob Oluoch
Ahero Sub-county Hospital in Kisumu County is this Friday expected to dispose off 22 bodies that are yet to be claimed by relatives.
This follows last month’s court order allowing the county government to dispose off the bodies lying in various morgues.
Early last month Kisumu Governor Anyang Nyong’o issued an order to all mortuaries in Kisumu county to clear the bodies for burials amidst the coronavirus pandemic.
Ahero sub-county hospital boss Dr. Bernard Otieno in a notice says the bodies set for disposal have taken over six months at the facility.
Dr. Otieno says that in failure to trace the kins of unclaimed bodies, they have made a decision to bury the bodies in a public cemetery this Friday.
The 12 bodies include five men, five women, two kids born prematurely and three body parts.
Kisumu County Covid-19 multi agency Committee had issued a directive that bodies should not stay in the mortuary past 48 hours after death has occurred.