The National Police Service on Monday announced that it will strip off VIPs involved in criminal cases security details.
The announcement also stated that the VIPs will also lose their firearms.
Here are some of the VIPs set to lose their security details;
- Migori Governor Okoth Obado – He is facing murder charges on University Student Sharon Otieno.
- Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko – Sonko is facing corruption charges in court and also accused of assaulting a police officer.
- Kiambu Governor Ferdinand Waititu – He is accused of embezzling over 500 Million from the Kiambu County coffers.
- Samburu Governor Moses Lenolkulan – He, like Sonko and Waititu is facing corruption charges in court.
- Embakasi East MP Babu Owino – Charged in court with attempted murder of a DJ at a popular night club in Kilimani, Nairobi.
- Malindi MP Aisha Jumwa – Under investigation for being involved in a fatal shooting.
- Gatundu South MP Moses Kuria – Charged for assaulting a woman.
- Bahati MP Kimani Ngunjiri – Charged in Court for assaulting a female police officer.
- Nandi Senator Samson Cherargei – Was Charged with incitement in December 2019.
- Nakuru Town East David Gikaria – He was charged with eight counts of land fraud and also assaulting a police officer.
- Sirisia MP John Waluke – He was charged in 2018 with fraud involving the NCPB
- Bobasi MP Innocent Obiri – Also charged with fraud
Some VIPs have already confirmed the withdrawal of their security details.