Matatu Catches Fire Along Lang’ata Road
A driver, his conductor and a passenger have escaped unhurt after a matatu burst into flames at Nairobi’s Langata road this morning.
It is believed that the fire was caused by an electric short in the 23-seater matatu’s wiring system.
The vehicle belonging to Naboka Sacco was headed to Langata from the city centre and got burnt opposite Langata Hospital.
Langata OCPD Elijah Mwangi says the driver heard some friction that was caused sparks and moved the car on the side of the road.
He says no one was injured and police were on the ground to tow the matatu to the station’s parking yard for further investigations.