Nairobi Stima pulled the upset of the day when they beat MCF 2-0 at Camp Toyoyo in their National Super League round 21 fixture on Monday, June 7, 2021.
The first few minutes of the match were rather subtle with both teams studying their opponents and attempting to bag the lead goal. In the 41st minute, Nairobi Stima was awarded a corner kick in which Benjamin Chaka took and landed the ball right in the area where Hillary Otieno converted it to the lead goal for Nairobi Stima.
Three minutes later, Fortune Omoto delivered a fine assist to Roland Makati who shot on target for Nairobi Stima from the edge of the area, closing the first half scores at 2-0.
After the intermission, Ivan Anguyo took the freekick for MCF and almost pulled one back had it not been for Nairobi Stima’s Goalkeeper Dolph Owiwo who hit the ball over the crossbar in the 50th minute.
Kevince Ochieng attempted to net one in for MCF in the 71st minute however Owiwo saved the ball maintaining the scores at 2-0.
MCF pulled one back in the 73rd minute through Bradley Omondi’s goal leading to the scores reading 2-1.
In the 89th minute, Emmanuel Obala from MCF got booked for foul-play on Nairobi Stima’s Benjamin Chaka. This sealed the full-time scores at 2-1in favor of Nairobi Stima
Round 21 Results
- Soy United 1-3 Kisumu Allstars (Bukhungu Stadium, 3 pm)
- Fortune Sacco 1-1 Kenya Police (Kianyaga Grounds, 3 pm)
- Mt. Kenya United 2-1 Migori Youth (Camp Toyoyo, 3 pm)
- FC Talanta 1-0 Kibera Black Stars (Ruaraka Grounds, 11 pm)
- Kisumu Hot Stars 0-1 Gusii (Moi Stadium, Kisumu, 3 pm)
- Modern Coast Rangers 0-0 Muranga Seal (Serani Grounds, 3 pm)
- Mwatate United 4-4 Silibwet (Wundanyi Stadium, 3 pm)
- Shabana 4-1 Vihiga Bullets (Migori Stadium, 3 pm)
- Coast Stima 2-3 APS Bomet (Mbaraki Grounds, 1 pm)
- Nairobi Stima 2-1 MCF (Camp Toyoyo, 3 pm)