Nick Mutuma responds after Netizens asked Netflix to pull down his film over Sexual assault accusations
Actor Nick Mutuma has been forced to break his silence after netizens reignited his alleged sexual assault accusations.
In a post shared on social media platforms, the actor said the allegations have greatly affected his family.
“I know I’m not perfect, but I’m not the person these people tried to portray me as. Every day, I work towards being a better person; but it is so hard to do that when you are constantly being pulled back by people that are convinced that you are a monster,” he said
He went on to add that he against all sorts of abuse against women and even cautioned people not to mistake his silence as an admission of guilt.
“I have been put on trial in the court of public opinion, prosecuted and ruled guilty by persons with malicious intentions. I would like to categorically state that I am against any form of abuse against women and I always have been.” He added
His response comes hours after a netizen asked Netflix to pull down his film Sincerely Daisy because one of the actors had been accused of sexual assault.
“So @netflix @NetflixFilm do y’all know an actor from Sincerely Daisy has been accused by multiple women of sexual assault?” wrote Wanjiku Clara
The reignited conversation prompted the alleged victim in Nick Mutuma’s alleged sexual assault case to speak out.
According to the lady after her partner posted the incident in November 2017, Nick reached out to the family and they solved the issue.
“Nick Mutuma reached out to us shortly after, and we resolved it amicably and privately in 2017. I want to be very clear; I would never allow the voices of any victims to be silenced.” The lady identified as Rachel wrote
This is something I thought I had put behind me. This has been a very private & personal issue for my family and I that I feel I must now speak up on.
— Rayshow (@MwangiRachel) October 18, 2020