Kenya's No 1 GhettoRadio

Police on the hunt for man who killed girlfriend, buried her in a shallow grave

0 418

Police in Kirinyaga county have launched a hunt for a 35-year-old man accused of killing his 28-year-old girlfriend on the night of Tuesday June 23.

The suspect, Murimi Wanjobi, is said to have fatally attacked the victim with crude weapons before setting her body on fire and burying it in a shallow grave in Kiieni Village in Kirinyaga Central Constituency.

Neighbours report that Murimi, a landscape designer, arrived at his Kirinyaga home on Tuesday evening in the company of his lover believed to be a Tanzanian native.

On Wednesday, June 24, neighbours saw him digging what looked like a grave in his compound. On being asked, Murimi said he was digging a pit to put up a toilet.

confirming the incident, Kirinyaga Central Sub-County Police Commander, Doreen Oduor, said the suspect killed his lover in his two-bedroom house following a relationship conflict.

“He, thereafter, set her body on fire and buried the 28-year-old woman in the grave he had dug earlier Wednesday,” said Oduor.

The area police boss said Murimi covered his girlfriend’s body in pieces of clothes and wrapped it around a car tyre, which he set alight.

Murimi’s father, Wanjobi Gachoki, told police that at 7pm on Wednesday, he heard a noise from his son’s compound.

“When I went to establish the cause of the noise, I saw pieces of clothes and a car tyre burning. I assumed my son was getting rid of waste, I did not go closer to see the contents covered in the pieces of clothes and tyre.”

On Thursday morning, Gachoki said he saw the pit that his son had dug on Wednesday had been filled.

“Suspecting that something was wrong, I went and dug out sections of the covered pit. I was shocked to see a human leg in the shallow grave. Confused, I rushed to the Kirinyaga Central Police Station, where I reported the incident,” he said.

The suspect’s father, Wanjobi Gachoki, said his son had never introduced any woman to them as his fiancée

Police report that the suspect is still at large adding that the last time they traced his phone he was in Wanguru Town in Mwea


This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More