Several families were on Wednesday night left homeless following a fire incident in Nairobi’s Kibera slums.
The fire which started at around 8.30 PM razed down several houses in Makina ward, Kibra constituency.
Speaking to Ghetto Radio , Ahmed Hussein, one of the victims, stated that the fire started at around 8:30pm from one of the houses before spreading quickly other houses.
According to Hussein, the fire was caused by an electric fault.
Hussein however thanked the area youths and the Nairobi County fire brigade for responding swiftly to their alarm call and helping contain the fire.