Kenya's No 1 GhettoRadio
Kenya’s Number One GhettoRadio

Sportpesa super 8 weekend round up


Jericho All Stars vs Kiambiu YouthThe 11th round of the ‘Wakilisha Mtaa Yako’ campaign took center stage at different venues within Nairobi County as the battle between the East Side conference teams and their West counterparts intensified on Sunday April 10.

Talismanic goal poacher Victor ‘Pompii’ Walera claimed a hatrick to aid the Jericho All Stars trounce Kiambiu Youth 4-2 with ruthless efficiency in a tantalizing Sportpesa Super 8 Premier League (SPS8) tie staged at Camp Toyoyo.

Kelvin Ndubuliwa added a goal for the home side as Kiambiu’s Collins Oduor found the back of the net twice to make sure his side went down with a bit of honor.

The physical match saw both sides end the match a man lighter after Jericho’s Moses Ouma and Kiambiu’s Lawrence Musili were handed their marching orders in the 44th and 85th minute correspondingly after failing to heed earlier warnings by the referee.

It was a nail-biting match under the sun soaked Jericho grounds where the All Stars came oozing with confidence and incision which proved too hot to handle for their East side neighbours who were missing some of their vital players who are serving match bans after being shown red card in their previous encounter with Kawangware United at City Stadium on Wednesday.

Prolific forward Valdo Madegwa and James Mandela were replaced by Michael Otieno and Oduor Collins in today’s game respectively.

At the opening exchanges, Jericho showed their intent early rolling a huge chunk of pressure and pace, setting camp on their visitor’s box.

Walera, who launched his bid to clinch the leagues’ golden boot early, made a cheeky chip past an incoming Marvin Amusala on Kiambiu’s goal from a long pass in the mid for the match opener in the 22nd minute.

Six minutes later, Kevin Ndubulwa added the second for the Jericho based outfit, acting on a long through ball pass from the midfield to smash home sending a thunderous cheer from the fans who were in numbers.

Notwithstanding, their celebration was brought to a halt when Kiambiu’s Collins Oduor reduced the deficit when he capitalized on a defensive lapse and miscommunication between Jericho’s custodian in the half hour mark.

Walera then added the third a minute after resumption when he nodded past a goalless post after keeper Amusala palmed back to play a shot by Eddie Kuria.

Kiambiu could not find the enough motivation to turn around the scores forcing the tie to head to break at   3-1 in favour of Jericho.

After the break, Marvin Dacha’s Kiambiu redoubled their efforts in a deliberate attempt to turn around the scores but their efforts were unfruitful.

Jericho’s defence was unshakable, thwarting every effort made by the visiting side.

- Advertisement -

Walera then completed his hat-rick in the 48th minute from a spot kick, sending keeper Amusala the wrong way after a defender succumbed to pressure, handing the ball in the dangerous area.

Oduor then added his second in the 54th minute but it was a case of too little too late as Jericho held on the advantage until the final whistle.

With the win, All Stars moved closer at the helm of the table, taking their points tally to 24, a point shy of leaders Metro FC in the SPS8 log.

Kiambiu on the other end who suffered their third loss of the league lie on


In an earlier kick-off at Camp Toyoyo, after sharing the spoils with Metro FC in their last assignment, TUK bounced back with a comfortable 2-0 triumph over Shauri Moyo Blue Stars in an absorbing tie.

Michael Ibande broke the deadlock for the students in the 85th minute before Lawrence Agina added the second with a beautiful finish at the dying minutes of the match.


Samuel Kinuthia’s brace was enough to hand Diguna FC the maximum points against minnows Shamako Babes in a match played at Nakeel Grounds.

Kinuthia who was in his element, showcased a superb performance, scoring on either halves to further deepen Shamako’s woes at the bottom of the 16-team SPS8 table.

He opened the scoresheet in the 37th minute to send their home fans into a cheers before completing his brace in the 74th minute.


At Kawangware BP grounds, Francis Thairu’s Kawangware United squandered their slender second half advantage when Benson Wanjau opened the scoring in the 78th minute as MASA’s Kevin Wangwe cancelled out his efforts three minutes later.


Kabete United went down 0-1 at their own backyard thanks to a solitary goal scored by Ajax’s Robert Mwadegu in the 54th minute at ACK Kabete grounds.