A two year old child on Saturday died in a fire incident in Mathare Slums.
The child was reportedly suffocated by the smoke emanating from the burning houses.
Area residents say though the child was rescued from the house when still alive, she succumbed to death at the hospital.
“We tried to rescue her and rushed her to the hospital. Unfortunately the doctors were unable to remove the smoke she had inhaled in her lungs,” said one of the residents.
The fire reportedly burnt down seven houses, leaving several people in the cold.
Fire victims are appealing to area leaders to help them reconstruct the houses adding that they lost everything in the fire.