By Jacob Oluoch
A middle aged woman was on Sunday forced to spend the night in the cold after fire razed down her house in Nyawita, Kisumu County.
Dorothy Ochieng says that apart from the property worth thousands of shillings, she has also lost Ksh. 70,000 cash money she had kept in the house.
Ochieng told Ghetto Radio news that the fire started in the afternoon when she was away at the market.
“After church Service, I went to the market to carry on with my business as usual. After a short while I got a call from a neighbor that my house was on fire. I never believed it. When I came back home around 11am, I found all my household items burnt to ashes, including some cash amounting to sh. 70,000,” Dorothy Explained
No injuries or death reported in the fire incident.
The fire is suspected to have been caused by an electric fault.
Dorothy further blamed Kisumu fire brigade for not responding on time.
“When we called fire brigades, they took time before responding making me incur all those losses,” She added.