- In a statement signed by Nairobi Health CEC Esther Nyalita, stated that the woman arrived at the hospital when the child had already died.
- Meanwhile Dr. Bernard Gituma has been appointed as the Medical Superintendent and the current one Dr Emma Mutio, posted to Pumwani Hospital as a specialist.
The Nairobi County government has disbanded the Mama Lucy Kibaki Hospital Management Board this is after a woman gave birth along the corridors.
A statement by the Nairobi County Government also stated that a new hospital management established.
In a statement signed by Nairobi Health CEC Esther Nyalita, stated that the woman arrived at the hospital when the child had already died.
“The lady arrived at the Mama Lucy Kibaki Hospital on Saturday, 15th April at 5.20pm in the company of her relatives. The expectant mother complained of lower abdominal pains radiating to the back with increased intensity. The patient also complained that she could not feel regular baby movements,” reads the statement.
“The medical team and counsellors at the Mama Lucy Kibaki informed the patient and her relatives of the ultrasound results which revealed that the baby was already dead. The Ultra sound scan results came back revealing that the patient had experienced an IntraUterine Foetal Death (IUFD) at 38wks 5days,” statement further reads.
According to Nyalita, the 26 year old lady gave birth to a still child at 7:20 pm weighing 2.6 Kilograms.
“At 7:20pm the patient who was already in labor delivered a macerated (shows skin and soft tissue changes- skin discoloration/darkening, redness, peeling and breakdown) still birth male infant with a birth weight of 2,600grams. The medical team showed the patient the baby and informed her that the baby had passed away 2-3 days before delivery and her visit to the hospital.”
The CEC however says that the woman should have been handled better regardless of the status of the baby.
Meanwhile Dr. Bernard Gituma has been appointed as the Medical Superintendent and the current one Dr Emma Mutio, posted to Pumwani Hospital as a specialist.
Below is the list of the new Board of Management;
- Ms. Dorcas KEmunto, OGW. Chairperson.
- Dr. Bernard Gituma – Board Secretary
- Hon. Christopher Githinji (Mtumishi), MCA. – Member
- Jennifer Mumbua Mutunga – Member
- Susan Wanjiru Kamau – Member
- Yvonne Peris Alera Makokha – Member
- Ronald Ngala Oniango – Member
- Fridah Wambui NDuati – MEmber.