- Azimio and Kenya Kwanza to have Peace Talks.
- Former Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo to lead he talks between Ruto and Odinga factions.
The Kenya Kwanza and Azimio la Umoja leadership have now agreed to have a common mediation process with an aim to end street protest and deaths.
The two factions have agreed to involve former Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo to find amicable solutions without street confrontation and demonstrations.
‘’We, the leadership of Azimio la Umoja One Kenya Coalition Party, having consulted with the leadership of Kenya Kwanza under the facilitation of H.E. Olusegun Obasanjo on the state of our nation, DESIROUS of a democratic and peaceful resolution of issues that beset our nation, EXPRESSING our condemnation and regret on the violence that has visited our nation with loss of life, serious injuries and the destruction of property,” the joint statement read.
In a statement National Assembly Majority Leader Kimani Ichung’wa and Minority Leader Opiyo Wandayi states that the mediation committee will entail ten member committee with five from Kenya Kwanza and another five from Azimio la Umoja.
“Affirming our commitment to adherence to the Constitution and the Rule of Law, Determined to resolve our differences amicably for the benefit of all our people,we have therefore agreed with kenya kwanza to establish a committee of ten (10), composed of five members each from Azimio La Umoja and Kenya Kwanza.” It reads.
1. Four(4) members from outside Parliament; two(2) from each side,
2. The Leaders of Majority and Minority from the National Assembly,
3. Four (4) additional Members of Parliament; two (2) from each side.